The Church of the Ascension enters the church chronicle of Tutaev. The two-storey church was built in 1775 with the funds of the merchant Syreischikov. In the upper floor is the summer church consecrated in honor of the Ascension of the Lord, and in the lower part — a winter Leontief Church, named in honor of Saint Leontius, Bishop of Rostov, who in the 9th century adopted martyrdom at the hands of the Gentiles.
The five-domed Church of the Ascension is equipped with four thrones: the Ascension of the Lord, the icon of the Mother of God «Of the Sign», St. Paraskeva Pyatnitsa and Sergius of Radonezh. First, the original building did not include the bell tower which appeared here only in 1810. Many icons and relics were kept in the church, including the most revered of them — the miraculous icon of St. Paraskeva Pyatnitsa, who healed from blindness. At the beginning of the XV century the temple was ruined by Polish-Lithuanian conquerors, after which only the miraculous icon remained, which, according to a legend, deprived the reavers of eyesight. But the building of the church survived and is still preserved in its original form. In 1961 the Church of the Ascension was closed. And in 1989 it again became an active temple.
Now - closed
Mon -Sun 07:00-19:00